Spring is on the horizon and it’s time to get your listing out there. We’ve quite a number of virtual tours during February and the first part of March, you can view them one the “Available Properties” page.
It’s also time to remind everyone on the importance of prepping a property for photos and the virtual tour production.
Prepping Your Property
Hide everything! Spacious, clean, and brightly lit rooms show the best. The property should be as free from obscuring decorations and everyday objects as possible. Here are some tips of things to look for:
• Check that all light bulbs work and each tour room has available lighting.
• Clean mirrors, windows, and shiny surfaces.
• Clear off table arrangements, décor, and clutter in each tour room including desktops (i.e. everything but the computer), end tables, dressers, and nightstands.
• Hide kitchen countertop appliances, dish strainers, soaps, sponges, and items around sinks.
• Hide toys, clothes, laundry baskets, and move large plants out of view.
• Remove small area rugs.
• Close closet doors.
• Make beds and straighten furniture cushions.
• Remove toys from floors and yards.
• Hide trash cans and litter boxes.
• Limit seasonal décor if the tour is to be used year round.
Bathrooms will not normally be photographed unless there are special features so this is a good place to hide stuff.
Keep in mind: If a scene is to be shot in the front of the house, avoid scheduling on trash day and remove cars from the driveway and front of the house if possible. Remove toys, strollers, and other personal items from the yard as well.